Even if it looks simple, slicing bread can actually be really challenging! More often than not, you’ll end up with slices being too thick or too thin.
Getting the loaves sliced just the right size takes effort and can be very time-consuming. Thankfully, there is a solution! With a specialized bread slicer, you can easily cut equally-sized loaves in no time at all.
In this bread slicer guide, we’ll take a closer look at the best offerings on the market today!
Top 10 Best Bread Slicers Guide – Reviews
1. Victorinox Swiss Army Serrated Bread Knife
First entry into our list comes from Victorinox, a company best known for their Swiss army knives. This offering on the bread slicer market perfectly reflects years of experience in crafting blades.
Part of the Fibrox line of professional knives made to bring the efficiency of restaurant kitchens for home cooks, this pastry knife features a European steel blade that ensures optimal cutting performance for your loaves.
To use this knife effectively, make sure that you place your loaf on a cutting board. When you make the slice, use the serrated edge in a sawing motion so you can cut your loaf with minimal force.
Thanks to this lightweight blade, you’ll also experience less fatigue when using this knife even after using it for a long time. For easier cleaning, this product is also dishwasher safe.
To keep this knife sharp and in prime condition for a long time, we recommend you sharpen it on a honing steel frequently.
If you’re looking to use a tool that the pros use, look no further than the Victorinox Swiss Army Serrated Bread Knife!
- This product comes in 7-, 8-, and 10.25-inch variants. The 8-inch version was reviewed and recommended by America’s Test Kitchen.
- This knife’s wavy edge allows it to make cleaner and easier cuts to the crust.
- As an added bonus, this knife can also be used as a spatula to slice cakes.
2. Mercer Culinary Millennia Wide Wavy Edge Bread Knife
Our second pick is sold by New York-based Mercer Culinary, a company that manufactures kitchen wares for restaurants. In addition to cutlery makers, they’re also known as one of the most prominent suppliers of culinary academies in North America.
This bread knife is part of the Millennia line, designed to cater to professional chefs and meet their demands. Featuring a wavy-edged stainless steel blade, this knife makes easier and cleaner cuts due to its ability to smoothly cut the crust.
Depending on your needs, this knife comes in two variants: 8-inch and 10-inch blades.
Like most knives, this product has its sharpened sides facing the right. However, both right- and left-handed people can use this tool without much issue.
To ensure this knife can last for a long time, it’s recommended that you wash it by hand after use. However, we don’t recommend that you sharpen this product at home due to its serrated blades.
Thanks to its sharpness and ambidextrous handling, the Mercer Culinary Millennia Bread Knife can be a valuable addition to your kitchen!
- This knife features a protective finger guard to ensure your safety during use.
- To further keep you safe when using this knife, it features a set of textured finger points on the handle that allows a better grip.
- This knife fulfills the safety and quality standards put forward by the public health organization NSF.
3. Tojiro Bread Slicer
Japanese knife manufacturer Tojiro has more than 60 years in the business and is a respected brand for professional chefs. This popular entry to the bread slicer market proves why this company is an industry favorite.
Featuring a high quality serrated stainless steel blade, this bread knife provides impeccable slicing performance no matter whether the loaves are hard or soft. Don’t let its simplicity fool you, this tool is powerful! It can cut your homemade bread into thin and even slices without any resistance.
Like other knives, you use it to slice bread by placing it on a cutting board and proceed to cut. Best of all, due to its symmetry, it won’t be a problem whether you’re left- or right-handed.
However, this knife’s sharpness can be troublesome if you’re not careful. Handling this slicer needs extra care so make sure you don’t accidentally hurt yourself using it to cut loaves.
Another thing to keep in mind is that due to its serrated edges, sharpening this slicer yourself might be more challenging than regular knives. To make your sharpening process much easier choose the finest quality portable knife sharpener from here.
Thanks to its affordable price point and excellent cutting performance, the Tojiro Bread Slicer is one of our top picks.
- With proper care, the blade’s anti-rust properties will ensure that this knife can cut for a long time.
- This bread knife is very lightweight and is very easy to handle.
- This bread slicer’s durability ensures that it will last you months before you even need to sharpen it.
4. Out of the Woods of Oregon Bread & Bagel Slicer
A family company founded in 1994, Out of the Woods of Oregon specializes in products made from sustainable wood material, ranging from cutting boards to spice racks.
This entry boasts a stainless steel blade used in industrial machines, made to slice all kinds of loaves. With its ultra-thin blade, it can slice through anything from crispy sourdough bread to tough bagels.
This tool also makes clean cuts without crushing or deforming the loaf. Better yet, aside from bread, this slicer can also cut fruits and vegetables without any issue.
If you need your slices made thicker or thinner, the wider slicing channel this tool features also allows you to vary your slicing thickness. This way, it’s perfectly suited to cut your toast in Texas-style slices.
However, while this wooden slicer makes cutting easy, it might be a bit of a challenge to make a straight cut because sometimes the loaf ends up thinner at the bottom compared to the top.
Another thing you should know is that this wooden bread slicer handle is also a little strangely-positioned and doesn’t match the blade edge, which might be a little awkward to get used to.
If you’re looking for a good bread loaf slicer to use for artisan bread, this product will give you great value for your money!
- While this product is best used for right-handed people, it’s also available in a left-handed variant!
- For more variety, this slicer features several different finishes – mahogany, cherry, maple, alder, and walnut.
- The handle is made from high quality and environmentally-conscious material.
5. Bambusi Bread Slicer Cutting Guide with Knife
New Jersey-based company Bambusi specializes in homeware products made out of bamboo. Their entry into the bread slicer market is environmentally friendly and is incredibly easy to use!
This bamboo slicer allows you to cut uniform slices of bread by using the grooved sides as a guide for your knife that provides you with three thickness options. To accommodate for differently-sized loaves, the board also expands and retracts!
The product can be used to slice various kinds of homemade baked goods. From baguettes, challah, pound cakes, Pumpernickel, banana bread, sourdough, and so much more!
Not only does the sides of this bamboo bread slicer guide you to make the perfect cut for your loaf, but it’ll also keep your fingers from accidentally being sliced.
For added practicality, this product comes with a 13-inch knife boasting an 8-inch stainless steel serrated blade that promises years of excellent performance.
This bamboo bread slicer is also very easy to clean since it also features a crumb catcher tray that helps you keep the tool clean after use. As an added bonus, you can even use these crumbs for other things like breading your veggies!
When using this product, one thing you should keep in mind is that the grooves down the sides may not be tall enough to fit larger loaves, and may require you to push down on them when cutting.
With its ease of use, the Bambusi Bread Slicer can be an extremely valuable addition to your kitchen!
- If this bread cutter doesn’t fit your expectations for any reason, you’re eligible for a full refund or replacement, no questions asked.
- Non-slip silicone grips prevent this slicer from moving around during use.
- For easy storage, the knife can be placed on the magnetic rest on this slicer’s side.
6. M&W Bamboo Bread Slicer
United Kingdom-based Maison & White produces home, garden, and kitchenwares inspired by traditional and contemporary elements. Their foray into the bread slicer market also similarly provides a modern feel while maintaining its rustic sensibilities.
This product is made out of bamboo and provides a steady hold for your loaves and protection for your fingers when slicing. The bread slicer guide for homemade bread on the sides will also help you make clean, straight cuts by sliding your knife down along them.
This slicer’s ample surface allows you to use it on a wide variety of bread sizes. You can use it for Boules as well as you can use it to cut loaves for your sandwiches.
For easy storage, this bamboo foldable bread slicer also collapses into a flat form that can fit in your drawers. If you’re concerned with this product’s longevity, Maison & White also provides a 2-year warranty for this tool!
A minor drawback would be that it has no instruction manual, so assembly can be a bit challenging. During use, you should also brace it against the wall since this bread slicer tends to slide around if not properly held in place.
Also, you should keep in mind that this slicer doesn’t come with a knife. So when you buy this, make sure that you already have one at home.
With its versatility and ease of use, the M&W Bamboo Bread Slicer can save you lots of time when preparing your homemade loaves.
- The slicing guides on the side feature three different groove sizes to modify your slice’s thickness.
- This bread slicer is easy to clean thanks to its built-in crumb catcher.
- This product’s sizable cutting surface also makes it helpful when slicing fruit.
7. Kitchen Seven Bamboo Bread Slicer
This entry comes from Kitchen Seven, a brand that provides various kitchenwares and other tools to help around the home.
Made out of durable and all-natural bamboo, this product is incredibly easy to use. All you need to do is place the loaf inside and cut it using the slats on the sides of this slicer as a guide. You’ll get even slices every time.
Cutting bread and cakes of various sizes is made easier due to this slicer’s space. You can also choose from three different slice thicknesses with this product.
You don’t have to worry about this bread slicer moving while being used as well, since it comes with silicone feet at the bottom.
For easy storage, this compact foldable bread slicer can fit in your drawers without issue. However, this portability may come with some difficulties when using this slicer because at times the collapsible sides can move around and cause you to not cut straight.
With its ease of use as well as a lifetime guarantee, the Kitchen Seven Bamboo Bread Slicer can be an indispensable tool if you frequently cut bread.
- This slicer comes with a free knife.
- To help with storing your loaves, this kitchen tool also comes with ten free plastic bags with twist ties.
- The built-in bread crumb tray doesn’t just catch any mess you make when slicing, it makes for a good serving tray!
8. Meat Slicer Electric Deli Food Slicer
This entry comes from OSTBA, a Chinese company specializing in electronic products for your kitchen. While this product is marketed as a meat slicer, this machine can also be used on your bread!
To use this automated machine, you need to turn on so the blades spin and then you can slide your loaf across the blade. As you push the bread across, it’ll be cut into slices. If you need more, all you have to do is repeat the process.
If you need to make your slices thicker or thinner, this tool has a knob that allows you to adjust thickness levels.
Unlike most bulky slicers, this bread slicing tool is relatively small without sacrificing too much power. While we wouldn’t recommend it for large chunks of meat, this will slice your block cheese, vegetables and fruits without any issue!
If you’re looking for more than a bread slicer and are willing to shell out a little more for versatility in its use, the OSTBA Deli Food Slicer should be your first choice!
- A removable ring guard cover prevents crumbs from cluttering the slicing surface.
- Suction-cupped rubber feet ensure that the bread slicer won’t slide around during use.
- For extra safety, this bread slicer is equipped with a child lock on the power button.
9. Norpro Bread Slicer with Crumb Catcher
Washington-based company Norpro was founded in 1973 by Gunnar Lie, aiming to provide the best kitchenware for their customers. True to their promise, this bread slicer offers quality with an affordable price tag.
With a bread slicing guide made out of acrylic, using this product is as easy as pushing your knife down the slots at the side of the tool, letting you cut your loaf in uniform slice size.
Not only that, you can use this tool to make uniform slices of your fruits and vegetables! All you need to do is put them inside the slicer like you would a loaf, and use it in the same way.
If you’re worried about cleaning up after use, the bread crumb tray underneath this tool can be removed, and all you need to do is dump the contents before wiping it with a damp cloth.
Unlike the Bambusi Bread Slicer, this tool only has one option of thickness. However, you can work around this limitation and make thicker slices by skipping cutting guide slots.
For an affordable yet useful slicer for your loaf cutting needs, the Norpro Bread Slicer can be a valuable addition to your kitchen!
- This tool is easy to assemble, usually taking less than five minutes to put together.
- The high acrylic sides will help you slice large loaves easily.
- For an easier time slicing loaves, you can pair this tool with an electric knife.
10. DBTech Bamboo Bread Slicer
This bread slicer comes from DBTech and is made out of bamboo, giving it a very lightweight frame for ease of use.
It’s also deceptively simple, all you need to do is place your loaf in the bread slicer and make a downward cut using the grooves on this tool’s sides to make the perfect cut.
If you’d like your bread to be cut in differently-sized slices, this tool offers you three options of thicknesses. To slice your loaf even thicker, you can use every other slot on this product.
Thanks to the spacious slot provided by this bread slicer, you can also use this tool to cut your fruits and vegetables!
However, this product may not be as easy to clean because unlike the M&W Bread Slicer, it lacks a crumb catcher.
With its ease of use and its versatility for different slice sizes, the DBTech Bamboo Bread Slicer can be a reliable tool for your kitchen!
- To accommodate for differently-sized loaves, this bread slicer is sold in a 6½” narrow version and a wider 7½” variant.
- For extra convenience in storage, this bread slicer boasts a foldable design supported by spring loaded hinges.
- Natural, eco friendly bamboo construction ensures this bread slicer is food-safe.
Finding the best bread slicer doesn’t just involve finding a tool that can slice your loaf well. Ideally, it should also be a versatile tool that can cut other foods. With those two factors in mind, here are our top picks.
Due to its sharpness and ease of use, the Tojiro Bread Slicer tops our list. Its stainless steel blade also lends itself very well to cutting meat and vegetables, in addition to cutting your loaves.
If you’re looking for an affordable and sustainable option, the Out Of The Woods of Oregon Bread & Bagel Slicer is our budget pick.