The Swiss Army knife is the perfect multipurpose tool to carry when you’re camping, hiking, or fishing. Since it features multiple tools in one, it saves you the trouble of having to bring several gadgets on your trip.
But with all the versions available, choosing the right one can be confusing. Some people are fine with a starter model that contains only the basics, while others would rather have a robust piece that has every tool imaginable.
To help you find the best Swiss Army knife for your needs, check out this review.
Best Swiss Army Knife for EDC – Top Brands
1. Victorinox Classic Swiss Army SD Knife
While the boldly printed outer casing can make this product seem like a toy, don’t let its appearance fool you. This tool is made with the same quality materials and craftsmanship as most Victorinox products.
It comes with a small blade, a nail file, a 2.5-mm screwdriver, a toothpick, scissors, and tweezers. With its small size, you can easily stash it in your pocket without feeling like you’re carrying a ton of gadgets. It also comes with a key ring, allowing you to lock this little guy into place on your backpack or belt loop.
The main blade is slim and short, but it is quite versatile and functional. It’s great for every day use, such as sharpening pencils, opening packages, and removing gunk off your shoe.
The handle comes in a wide variety of colors. With its ABS/ cellidor scales, this knife has a smooth finish that makes it easy to clean and polish. You can expect this knife to last for a long time, even with daily use. Same with all Victorinox knives, this product comes with a lifetime material and workmanship warranty.
Overall, this is the ideal everyday carry (EDC) gear for most household and office tasks. It’s even affordably priced, making it a great starter product for adults who don’t normally carry a knife. While it may not have as many tools as other models, there’s a good reason it’s been popular for decades. Each component delivers where it matters.
- This knife is smaller than other variants and can easily fit on a keychain.
- The blade holds its edge consistently and can be easily sharpened with a whetstone when it becomes dull.
- The main tools (knife, screwdriver, and scissors) have well-placed small indentations so you can pull them out smoothly with minimal pressure.
2. Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, Huntsman Knife
If you’re the outdoorsy type, this is the best product for you. Compact, practical, and versatile, it carries a wide variety of tools, including two sharp blades, a pair of scissors, and a wood saw. It provides you with the cutting power you need when camping, backpacking, hunting, or fishing.
Considering all its useful features, this variant is also great as an everyday gadget. It’s perfect for daily use in both your home or office. Aside from the cutting tools, it carries a bottle and cap opener. Both work exceptionally well.
This Swiss Army knife has two screwdrivers that are useful not just for turning small screws, but also for prying lids open and other every day applications. It even includes a corkscrew, which is perfect for when you need to break out the ale while camping under the stars.
If you’re in a situation where you need to punch holes in leather, softwood, canvas, or other materials, there’s a reamer you can use for the job. It makes a more precise hole than a knife or screwdriver.
The other tools this knife carries are a wire stripper, toothpick, and tweezers. It also has a multipurpose hook, which according to many long-time users, is mainly used for carrying parcels.
Compared to the Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife, this multi-tool product packs a wallop. It weighs 3.4 ounces and measures 0.8 inches in thickness and 3.6 inches in length. It sits comfortably in your hand and fits perfectly in any small bag.
Read Also: Top 10 Pocket Knives to Carry Every Day
- It packs all its tools in a not-so-bulky package.
- It comes with a key ring you can easily attach to your keychain or backpack.
- The stainless steel blade is sturdy and can be sharpened easily.
3. Victorinox SwissChamp – Most Versatile
This product takes the multi-tool concept to the next level. Aside from being one of the largest military knives in the market, it’s also among the thickest. That’s not surprising, considering it’s packed with a total of 33 functional folding tools, ranging from the traditional sharp blades to the ever-reliable nail file.
While you can’t possibly use all of the tools every day, some are actually very handy, especially if you love to fix things around the house. It comes with a wire cutter, a wire stripper, a Fish scaler with a hook disgorger, a metal file, and a Phillips screwdriver. It also has four flathead screwdrivers with tip sizes that range from 2.5 mm to 6 mm.
Whether you are inside your home or in the great outdoors, you’ll surely find something in this product that can help you get a specific task done. Besides, you’ll never know when a hook disgorger or magnifying glass will come in handy.
The polished ABS scales give this Swiss Army knife added durability and a smooth finish. Those who’ve been using this model for many years claim their knives are still smooth and don’t have any signs of wear and tear.
Measuring 3.6 inches, this knife will fit easily into your backpack. However, you’ll know it’s there because, compared to the Classic and Huntsman variants, it’s slightly heavier at 6.5 ounces.
Also, this is one of the more expensive Swiss Army knives out there. But, if you’ll consider the high-quality and number of tools you get for its price, you’ll realize that it’s definitely worth every penny.
- This knife comes with a pressurized ballpoint pen, which isn’t available in most EDC knives.
- The gadgets can be pulled out smoothly on one side from each end and from a center pivot area on the other side.
- Some of the tools are attached to the handles for storage.
- It also comes with a multipurpose hook which can be used as a parcel carrier.
4. Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, Tinker Knife
If you don’t feel comfortable traveling without a multipurpose tool in your bag or purse, then this one’s for you. This Swiss Army knife is known as one of the best everyday carry gadgets for individuals who are always on the go.
Measuring 3.6 inches in length and 0.6 inches in thickness, this 12-function knife offers the perfect combination of size and functionality. It’s not too large to fit inside your pocket and not too small that the tools are difficult to use.
This pocket knife comes with two sharp blades. The larger one measures 2.45 inches only. It’s a miniature, non-threatening knife that gets the job done when it counts. The smaller blade is best for minor cutting tasks, such as opening packages or trimming loose threads.
Aside from the small and large blades, this product offers the usual set of tools you’ve come to expect from a multi purpose knife: screwdrivers, can opener and bottle openers, tweezers, and a toothpick.
Wherever you’re going, this 0.6-inch thick and 3.6-inch long multi-tool knife will provide you with all the functionalities you need without weighing you down. While it’s not as packed to the brim as the SwissChamp model, it has just the right tools for a variety of small ordinary tasks, from slicing food to opening bottle caps.
As with most Swiss Army knife models, this product is fitted with the classic ABS housing. With its texture-free quality, it’s easy to clean and polish.
- Its compact size makes it a functional keychain.
- The handles come in different colors and designs, including those created in support of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP).
- Its main bolts hold the entire product together securely and prevent any attachments from loosening.
5. Victorinox Swiss Army One-Hand Trekker Multi-Tool Knife
A bit large and heavy for every day carry gear, this is a Swiss Army knife that’s more appropriate for hunting or camping trips where you need to cut plants or wood. Its blade has a serrated edge, which makes it more suitable for outdoor adventures than household use.
However, it still has 11 other functions that are great for everyday applications. These include a flathead and Phillips screwdriver along with other classic tools, such as blade scissors, tweezers, a toothpick, and a key ring. It also features a reamer/punch, bottle opener, can opener, wire stripper, and wood saw.
This knife measures just over 4.5 inches long and is more than a half-inch thick. It’s large enough to be comfortably held in one hand yet compact enough to fit in your pocket.
What’s fascinating about this model is that it combines essential hardware tools (screwdrivers and a wire stripper) and woodworking tools (a blade, a saw, and a reamer) in one package. The Phillips screwdriver and reamer pull out perpendicular to the handle to make sure you have a tight grip when using the tools.
Unlike most multipurpose knives, this variant is equipped with a locking system. It locks the blade into place for safety, although it can be opened easily.
- The innovative locking system keeps the bottle opener in place to make opening bottles more convenient.
- It’s durable and designed to withstand years of outdoor use.
- The handle is ergonomically designed for added comfort and safety.
Pro Tip: To have a rust-free blade use this best quality oil for knives.
6. Victorinox Swiss Army Fieldmaster Knife
This model carries an outstanding combination of the most practical tools, possibly making it the best Swiss Army knife for everyday use. It packs 15 functionalities into its 3.5-ounce frame. It’s also ideal for accomplishing various tasks in the garden and other outdoor projects.
But still, this pocket knife works just as well outdoors as it does indoors. The larger blade is durable enough for most light cutting tasks while the smaller one is useful if you want to achieve a more precise cut.
Aside from the large and small blades, it carries a wide variety of tools you can use for everyday applications, from scissors to screwdrivers. The best of the lot is the wood saw, which is sharp enough to cut softwood.
- The blade slightly protrudes at the end for easy opening.
- Less bulky than most models of military knives.
- One of the few variants that don’t include a corkscrew.
7. Victorinox Swiss Army Climber Knife
As the name suggests, this variant of the Swiss Army knife is the best one to take on a climbing expedition. Aside from being compact, it strikes the perfect balance between being lightweight and containing all the essentials for climbing.
A 14-function, multi-tool gadget, this model is a standard 3.5-inch long pocket knife. It has three layers that measure 0.7 inches in thickness, including the handles, making it a bit larger than the Tinker but smaller than the Huntsman.
In addition to the traditional cutting blades and scissors, this product carries various handy tools, including the classic can opener and bottle openers. This knife looks identical to the Tinker but instead of a Phillips head screwdriver, this one has a corkscrew.
- Compact and durable for outdoor adventures.
- The spring-loaded scissors is the best in its class.
- The handle is made from acid-resistant plastic and aluminum.
Related Article: What’s a good alternative to a Swiss Army Knife?
8. Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, EvoGrip Knife
This multi-tools knife represents the perfect blend of modern technology and versatility. It features an improved grip design for safety, performance, and efficiency.
You might also want to take note that this variant has components that are quite similar to the tools on Swiss Army knives models designed by Wenger. Victorinox bought Wenger some years back, so they are free to take inspiration from their former competitor.
Some of these inspirations are quite obvious. The blade, for example, looks more like a Wenger than a Victorinox design. It has a bit more belly to make the cutting length slightly longer. Another example is the toothpick, which is sharper, but shorter and flimsier.
Also, this knife has the same set of features found on the Fieldmaster model. Except that instead of a secondary blade, this one comes with a nail file.
- The embedded rubber design on the handle enhances grip and support.
- The scissors have serrated edges and a spring mechanism that is stronger than the older versions.
- The handle’s yellow color is beautiful, vibrant, and hard to miss.
9. Victorinox Swiss Army Evolution Knife
If you’re looking for the perfect starter knife to ignite your spirit of adventure, this Swiss Army knife model is one of your best options. It features functional tools, including a large locking blade with a rounded tip to ensure the safety of its younger users.
At 2 ounces in weight, this knife is one of the lightest Swiss Army knives out there. That’s because it only contains seven components: a locking blade, a nail file with a nail cleaner, a wood saw, a Phillips screwdriver, a keyring, a toothpick, and tweezers. It may be small in size, but it’s superior in performance, structure, and engineering.
That’s not all: the handle has an ergonomic inlaid design with rubber material that allows for delicate, precise work. It gives you greater control whether you’re slicing fruit or doing some wood carving. Read this article to find out the best swiss army knife for whittling.
- The handle is ergonomically designed for enhanced safety.
- The seven tools provide users with eight different functions.
- The locking system ensures safe knife handling, especially for kids.
10. Victorinox Swiss Army Spartan Knife
If you want a less thick multi-tools knife with almost the same functionalities as the more expensive ones, this variant is for you. This 12-function Swiss Army Victorinox knife is just the right gadget you need for everyday use.
Weighing only 2.1 ounces, you can easily carry it inside your pocket or bag wherever you go. Its thinness makes it easily both “pocket-able” and more cost-effective.
It has the standard tools that other Swiss Army knives carry, such as the large and small blades. In addition, it features a can opener and bottle opener, two screwdrivers, a wire stripper, reamer/punch/sewing awl, corkscrew, toothpick, keyring, and tweezers. The only thing missing in this set is a pair of scissors. But overall, it does the job well when it’s needed.
Worried about sharpening your swiss army knife? Then check out this best handheld pocket knife sharpener
- It has the basic tools for everyday use.
- Designed with concave and convex contact points that perfectly fit the human hands.
- Same with other victorinox swiss army knives, the cutting blades are designed for toughness and corrosion resistance.
11.Victorinox Swiss Army Hiker Knife
This Swiss Army knife is a handy tool to carry every day or during your occasional camping and hunting trips. Weighing only 2.7 ounces, it’s so lightweight you’ll forget which pocket you had put it in.
With its slip joint system, the blades and other tools stay folded until you pull them out. You don’t have to worry about the tool or the blade accidentally folding out while inside your pocket. On the other hand, the tools are relatively easy to pull out, although you might need both of your hands to do so.
The ABS/cellidor scales give the handle a shiny, smooth texture. So, make sure that your hands are dry when using this multi-tool knife to keep it from slipping off.
- Most of the eight tools are combination types, such as the large screwdriver/bottle opener and can opener/small screwdriver attachments.
- Compact yet packed with 13 functions.
- The blade is easy to sharpen; it only takes about three swipes per side on a whetstone.
12. Victorinox Swiss Army Rambler Knife, Red
This 10-function Swiss Army knife features some of the most commonly used everyday tools. Unlike most other multi-tools, it doesn’t have an implement that is a throwaway or has no practical use. You will always have a need for a small blade, toothpick, tweezers, bottle opener, Phillips screwdriver, wire stripper, nail file, and scissors.
With its compact size and adequate tool selection, this product is perfect for users of the original Swiss Army Classic who want some additional functionalities. It’s ideal for light tasks or as a backup for other everyday tools.
Compared to most pocket knives, this one is a bit pricey. But it’s a worthwhile upgrade on the classic Swiss Army Knife model with all the added features, such as the bottle opener and Phillips screwdriver.
- The slim profile and small size make this knife perfect for your keychain.
- The slick and elegant handle only comes in red.
- Overall, it’s the more streamlined and practical version of the more expensive and featured-packed Victorinox Swiss Army knives.
13. Victorinox Swiss Army Cadet Knife
While this Swiss Army knife isn’t a tactical blade or a highly advanced everyday carry gear, it is definitely functional and practical. It also makes a great gift because of its utility and low price.
As a starter knife, this multipurpose product is ideal for daily use. It is versatile enough for everyday tasks, and sturdy enough to last a long time. With its nine tools, from the bottle opener to the screwdriver, this knife is said to be the all-time favorite gift for groomsmen.
Its scales give this model a distinct look and feel. They are not just there for decoration, though. Made from durable Alox material, they make the housing more resistant to wear.
- The textured handle allows for a safe and comfortable grip.
- At 1.6 ounce, it’s so lightweight you can carry it around inside your pocket without worries.
- The steel blade holds an edge well and sharpens extremely fast.
14. Victorinox Swiss Army Red Edelweiss Classic Knife
This is the best Swiss Army knife if you only want the essentials and none of the extra functionalities of the larger and more expensive models. With its seven functional tools, this product is a testament to Victorinox’s commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency.
It features a small blade, a pair of scissors, a nail file, nail cleaner, keyring, toothpick, and tweezers, all of which are handy for more than one task. Compared to the features of most other Swiss Army knife models, there isn’t a single tool here that you won’t find useful.
This model has an acrylic handle featuring a red and white Edelweiss graphic image. The design is not just meant to make the product stand out, but also to honor Switzerland’s national flower.
- At 2.25 inches, this knife is compact enough to fit inside a pocket or be attached to a key chain.
- It’s extremely light and handy, perfect for traveling.
- The handle features a distinctive image of Edelweiss flowers, which is a classic symbol of Switzerland.
15. Victorinox Swiss Army Farmer Knife (Ribbed Silver Alox)
This Swiss Army knife is an excellent gift for people who’d otherwise not bother buying one. While it looks expensive, this product is actually very affordable.
The handle is equipped with Alox scales, which are embossed and wrapped in a rust-resistant coating. They are not only extremely durable but also aesthetically pleasing. This means you can expect the handle to retain its slick appearance for years.
Despite its small size, the stainless steel blade is sharp and functional for small everyday tasks, such as opening a package or letter as it comes with a letter opener. Meanwhile, the saw is capable of cutting plants and softwood.
As with all products, Victorinox is meticulous with every detail of this Swiss army knife. The company only uses the finest materials and makes sure that inspections are performed. Each individual tool has been hardened to stand up to its designated use. It comes with
- Weighing 3 ounces, this knife is a bit heavier than most other models.
- It has a textured aluminum handle that allows for a non-slip grip.
- The blade is a bit thick and useful for some medium carving.
In terms of quality and functionality, you can never go wrong with a Swiss Army knife. It’s a sturdy and useful product that combines several features in a very small and convenient package.
If we were to choose our favorite among the best Swiss army knives, we’d say that the Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife takes the top spot. It contains all the basic tools you’ll need for everyday life, and it also comes at a very affordable price. The Huntsman model is also an excellent second choice.